Tuesday, February 05, 2008

reunion?

ok, short update before i stick my head onto immunology practical manual.

reunion dinner at grandmother's place
1 word, pathetic! to think last year's was bad enough, this year's worse. machiam everything all 'take away', except the soup. yes, my grandmother is getting old already. that's totally understandable. that's the problem when all daugther-in-laws (except my mum) can't cook. i've lived with my uncle and aunts before, and they are always eating out. but anyway, the soup was great, the best out of everything (because my grandmother cooked it).
my aunts keep saying that i am so tall. and they said that for the past 2 years! so irritating lah!
1) "joel, why you so tall?"
2) "what you eat, long beans?"
3) "you play basketball arh?"
i seriously don't know why they are so amazed with my height. now let me answer those 3 stupid questions which i keep hearing from them.

model answers to answer stupid questions from stupid people...
1) because i'm lucky and you're NOT!
2) then by eating peas, will it make you small and round?
3) go back to school please.

i think they are just jealous that my cousins are all shorter than me. HAHAHAHAHA! but i seriously think it's no big deal trying to compare height and see who is taller. i mean if you are short, then you are short. just be happy with it because you are going to stay with that height for the rest of your life. eating long beans and playing basketball will never help.
and i seriously think respecting your elders is more important than height. to my uncles and aunts...look at your sons/nephews. they seriously don't respect their elders.
eg, they don't acknowledge my mum by status, and they just say 'hi'.
it's f*cking rude can!
i mean it's basic respect to acknowlegement someone who is alot older than you by status. even if he/she isn't close to you. even if you don't like that person. and it's just damn rude to say 'hi' to the he/she.
i don't respect my uncles and aunts, but i don't see why it is so difficult to acknowledge them. afterall, they are still my uncles and aunts which is so unfortunate.

alright, whatever it is, back to immunology! and i can't wait for tomorrow, STEAMBOAT!!!