Wednesday, August 08, 2007

i want entertainment!

ya know, there comes a time when every young man needs some entertainment.
something to keep them occupied.
something to make them really addicted to.
something to help them kill time, and make their life more colorful.
don't get any wrong thoughts/ideas.

and that's something also known as a gadget.
and it is no ordinary gadget, like a handphone or a laptop or even worse, the television.



it's something called Nintendo DS.
i like the black one...
and the time has really arrived for me to have one.

i know, it's real bad timing.
because the exams are round the corner.
i should not think of getting it at around this time.
maybe, after the exams.

i've been really thinking.
about my gameboy advance that had been lying on my shelf for so many months untouched.
it's high time to get rid of it.
and i thought of selling it to Cash Converters.
it's in pretty good condition i must say.
just a lil tiny winy dirt at some edges, and a few scratches on the screen.
i keep wondering if they would fetch a good price.
because there was this time, my mum sold my ANCIENT gameboy (that really big one.) and both my Pokemon Yellow and Gold versions games to them.
the pokemon games each costed about $30.
and guess what??
it was sold to them at $2 each in the end.
2 freaking cheapo dollars!!!
can you believe it?!
like WTF!, seriously. imagine this, although it is a second hand good, but i remember training my pokemon until level damn high lehhh!!!
you know my dragonite damn hard to train...train until level 75 lahhh!!!
and in the end, i got back $2 for selling each game.
ok, the main focus is not about the pokemon, it's the freaking money.
you can't even buy a packet of chicken rice using the money you get.
because nowadays, chicken rice costs about $3 already.
once again, main focus not on chicken rice, it's the money.

ok whatever.
i shall just see how much they price my gameboy advance.
and i am gonna psycho my mum using my advance, so that i can get my hands on the DS.
maybe here's an example:
me: mum! i've got a question to ask you.
mum: yes?
me: do you think i should sell my gameboy advance to Cash Converters and get something like a Nintendo DS?
*shows her the image of DS from my lappy*
ps: the whole idea of the question is not about the advance, and also not about that damn money cheating company...it's about the DS.
i've got no idea what would happen next...
but let's imagine:
mum: and why do you need that?
me: because i think it is such a waste if my advance is left on my shelf untouched.
mum: and where would the rest of the money come from even if you sold it and buy the DS?
me: from your pocket?
hmm...i wonder what would happen next?
oh well, the only way to find out is to ask.